Different Types of Computer Graphics
There are two types of computer graphics, these are raster and vector graphics. Raster graphics are composed of pixels and vector graphics are made from paths. In mots cases, visit casino en ligne gratuit for more, one will not find the term “raster” being used. Instead they will find the “bitmap images.”
What Are Bitmap Images?
A bitmap image is an image or picture that uses a grid of different pixels. Each of the pixels that create a bitmap image can be a different or shade. In addition, as you can already tell, bitmap images or raster graphics are made out of pixels.
Pixels are a small area of light or illumination on a displayed screen used to form images.
A bitmap will represent or show an image by treating it as a rectangle. The rectangle will then be divided p into a 2D array of tiny pixels. With each pixel specifying a single colour value for that image at that specific point.
To display the image, all that you have to do is to simply copy the array of pixels on to the screen. This will allow each of the pixels to show its defined colour.
How Big Are Bitmap Images?
Bitmap images are very small, they can be as small as 16×16 pixels. This will provide very little detail but it will be enough for the images as they are always viewed in tiny sizes. Examples of Bitmap images are the icons that are used for computer programs or any other computer interfaces.
What are Vector Images?
Vector graphics use the mathematical relationships between points and paths that connect them to an image. This means that you will be creating the image by giving it instructions that it has to follow. This is the path.
Paths are defined by a start and an end point. There can be other points, curves as well as angles along the way. A path can either be a line, a square, a square a triangle or a curvy shape.
Such that, when the file is opened, the computer will interpret each instruction and redraw the complete image. This will be usually done as a bitmap for display purposes. This is called rasterization.
Summary of Bitmaps and Vector Images
- You can use them to display complex scenes as simple ones
- They can be compressed to very little sizes
- They are reactively easy to create
- It is compact and the files are usually small.
- You can display these images at any resolution without having to lose out on quality.
- At times, bitmaps can be very large, this making very hard to store.
- You cannot scale them. Should you try to scale the image it will result in degradation.
- Complex images are very difficult to code or create. As such, this can lead to the files being too large.
- Rendering is computationally intensive. As such, it will require a lot of computing power.